Mother’s Day is the time to pamper your mom and show her just how important she is, mother’s day wine is just as crucial!
Share this article
If your mom is a wine lover, you can’t go wrong by buying her a bottle of wine. If she’s the adventurous type, buy her mother’s day wine that are new to her. There are plenty of wine gift options out there, so it should be easy to find the perfect bottle!
The Best Mother’s Day Wine
Famous for their peachy color, rosé wines come from any type of red wine grape. The main flavors found in rosés are citrus, melon, red fruit, and flowers. They finish with tastes similar to rhubarb or celery. The flavor of a rosé will vary depending on its variety of grape. If you want to get a bottle or two of rosé for your mom on Mother’s Day, consider the following popular brands:
- Solace 2015 Dry California Rosé – This rosé greets you with a full aroma that includes white raspberry, rose petal, white spice, and peach. On the tongue, the taste is a pleasing blend of pink grapefruit, lemon, and pink grapefruit.
- Chateau D’Esclans Garrus Rosé 2010 – One of the most renowned French rosés, this wine makes a wonderful gift. Airy undertones highlight crisp apple and strawberry flavors.
- Matthiasson Rosé 2016 – This wine boasts the flavors of five different grape types. As the staff at VinePair points out, thepalate contains sharp notes of citrus and red fruit. This is an easy drinking wine and is perfect for hot, lazy afternoons.
Sparkling wines add some fun and class to most any occasion. They are lighter than red wines and offer up a pleasing fizziness. Champagne, prosecco, and brut are all considered sparkling wines. These are great choices for dinner parties, aperitifs or to drink with fruity desserts. If your mom prefers lighter, carbonated drinks, sparkling wine gifts just might be the way to go!
- Ceretto Moscato D’Asti 2015 – This is a sweeter spirit, more akin to juice in taste than actual wine. It’s bright yellow in the glass and its alcohol content is lower than most other sparkling wines. This brand has light body and good acidity.
- Bisol Jeio Cuvee NV Prosecco – Boasting the lush, fruity tones of apricot and peach, this brut also has strong citrus and kumquat notes.
- Boschendal Cap Classique Brut – This South African sparkling spirit is pale pink in the glass. Invigorating acidity and strong hints of berries and pomegranates make it a great choice to accompany a light meal or drink on its own.
White wines typically have great acidity, which is what gives them their tart or fresh flavors.
There are hundreds of different types of red wine grapes, which means there are even more red wines to choose from. They tend to contain more texture than lighter wines. Additionally, the darker red a wine is, the stronger the flavor. Most people prefer red wines for evening drinking. They pair well with heartier meals. If your mom enjoys bolder tastes in alcohol, a unique red is the perfect thing to get her for Mother’s Day wine.
- Primarius Pinot Noir 2011 – A lighter red, this pinot noir is silky on the tongue. It has a nose with strong notes of red berries and cherry, which carry over to the palate.
- Hilary Shiraz 2012 – This Australian red is evenly balanced. The aroma carries touches of plum and spice. As Kate Hilpern of The Independent explains, it carries the strong flavors of blackberries with smooth, underlying hints of chocolate.
- Terra Do Zambujeiro Alentejano 2009 – Full-bodied with a rich finish, this red is very versatile and pairs well with red meats, cheeses, and chocolate.
White wines typically have great acidity, which is what gives them their tart or fresh flavors. They lack the tannins that red wines have, which accounts for their paler color. White wines compliment a number of foods, including seafood, white meats, and vegetable dishes. If your mom likes her alcohol with brisk acidity and potent flavors, a bottle of quality white would make wonderful Mother’s Day wine gift.
- Quinta de Porrais 2015 – On the palate there is a taste of citrus with a surprising tang of lemon sherbet. This is an ideal wine for chicken or vegetable meals.
- Berry Bros & Rudd Chablis 2016 – This white is very fragrant with a crisp grapefruit palate, enhanced by mineral undertones and a long, citrusy finish.
- Gavi Tenuta Caretta 2016 – A pleasant floral nose proceeds the taste of honeyed fruits. Good acidity with hints of lime give it a noteworthy finish.
Choosing the Perfect Gift
With so many wines types and brands to choose from, it’s easy to find a Mother’s Day wine gift that your mom will love. If you really want to mix it up, buy her several bottles of different types, brands to make sure she gets the best wine experience.